Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Part 4: Addie's BIG GIRL Room!

It has taken me 2 weeks to post these because I have been waiting for 2 final details... the turquoise curtains for her closet and the 2 Zebra Euro pillow shams for her bed. Maybe if I go ahead and post her room's final pictures, they will show up tomorrow at the front door!
I wanted to take an opportunity to display all the people that Addie loves in her room so I found this metal string with magnets to display all her friends and family.
I think Addie's hat collection at 2 years old is fun so I hung 9 silver hooks to use them as decoration (there are 3 more over her door.)
I found black and white zebra door knobs for her bookshelf toy drawers.
The highlight of her new room is her very own Reading and Play corner. I remember as a young child loving to make tents so I devised a way for Addie to have one all the time. These 2 white sheer panels close all the way to give her a special place to relax and is plenty big enough to have her brother in there reading with her every night.
I love this "floating bookshelf" I found to hold some of her favorite books and it can also double as a night stand next to her bed.
Where's Addie... there she is!
We love spending time in Addie's new room and know she does to... over the last 2 weeks, it has become the central head quarters for the household! ;) I couldn't be happier (unless I had those shams and curtains!!!)

1 comment:

  1. What a great room, and the reading nook looks like a fun space!

    ReplyDelete