Thursday, August 26, 2010

Addie's FIRST Haircut!

No expensive $30 toddler hair cut here. Over the last few months I had been noticing a bit of a "mullet"  on Addie. She had these 2 tight 'cow curl' ringlets down her back. As I started paying attention, I was noticing that these specific pieces of hair were substantially longer than the other hair that was 2-3 inches shorter and it was this longer section that was constantly filled with tangles.
I just evened up the bottom a little and was pretty proud momma considering that cutting curly hair is a lot tougher than I imagined. Every time I went to cut below my fingers, the curls were all ready curled around my fingers, leaving me no option but to cut ABOVE my fingers...
So in the end, I trimmed a good 1.5 inches off of the longest strands just in the back but the great news is NO MORE TANGLES the past few days!
AND I DON'T THINK I'll have to worry about "cutting the curls off..."

1 comment: