Saturday, February 28, 2009

Big Boy Bed!

Well, we figured at 26 months it was just plain TIME for Carter to move into a "big boy bed!" We made the transition this week and surprisingly it has been perfectly smooth (besides 1 little hiccup.) This was Carter's face the first time he saw it! He was so excited!And so proud! He has done so well in it every night. We told him he can' t get out until it is light outside and Mommy and Daddy come and get him. Well... the third morning, he was talking VERY LOUDLY and so the second time I went in at 6AM to tell him to not wake up his sister, I threw his door open and CRASH!!!! He had gotten out of bed for the first time and was trying to open the door. So he has a little bit of a busted lip. I am so so sorry Carter!
I have to say, the main reason I wanted to switch him into this bed wasn't because he was trying to climb out, it was because I wanted to be able to climb in and read books with him. Carter still LOVES to read books constantly and we were always leaning over the bed rail to read to him. Now we can lay in bed and hang out with books in the mornings and nights! FUN!


1 comment:

  1. That was my favorite part too. It looks so excited! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete