Friday, December 12, 2008

Good bye "Sippy Cups," hello regular teeth brushing!

Since Carter is 6 days away from turning 2 years old, last week it was time to say good bye to sippy cups and hello to "big boy cups." During the transition, Carter got to pick out paper cups that he would like to use! He has been doing great and we have had no major spills so far. I think we will be keeping a few sippy cups for car rides... I am not that confident quite yet!

It is so funny to think that exactly a year ago, we were stressed out trying to get him off bottles and drinking only out of sippy cups and a year later, we are saying adios to them. Man... the things us mom's stress about...

Ok... even though Carter has had a baby toothbrush since 7 months old and I got him a real one at 1 year, we have not been to consistent with the whole teeth brushing thing but I figured that is another important thing we can work on around this age. Since I am so "Type A" and love making lists and charts and getting rewards... I figured I would try out these techniques out with him and see how he does... JACKPOT! (well 6 days in at least!) I knew he LOVES stickers so we let him pick out stickers he liked... he chose 'smiley faces' and everyday, after he lets me brush all of his teeth and then he brushes himself, he gets a sticker to put in on the fancy chart I made him!

Well, to make things even easier... the wonderful Miss Connie who used to be one of Carter's teacher at school, but left several months ago to finish up her second degree in forensic science, apparently came by school yesterday to see Carter and give him a very unexpected and extremely thoughtful birthday present. There were lots of amazing books and STICKERS! ("Cars" stickers, so needless to say, Carter brushed his teeth 3 times this morning so he could get more stickers!) Thanks Connie, that was such a surprise, and I am so glad you are done with school! Congrats on your second degree!!!! Good luck with the big J.O.B. hunt! Let me know if you need anything!

2 comments:

  1. hey - i've been meaning to tell you, that you can make your blog into a book at blurb.com. Unfortunately, their website isn't working at the moment for "blogger" but it should be working in 2009. It will take a little more work than downloading to a CD, but it's a great keepsake! I'll let you know when its working because I plan to make a book also....

    ReplyDelete