Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's "wii"

After being in town all holiday season long, we were thrilled when the Metcalf's threw out the last minute idea of spending New Year's at the lake! They received a "wii" for Christmas so we brought in the New Year playing games. I have to say, with children now, I have been very "anti" video games but this had to be one of the biggest bonding and fun family experiences for all ages that we were able to enjoy together. I am a wii fan!

The adults played the "The Game of Things," trying to stay up till midnight. There was a hysterical and meaningless theme to at least 1 of each round's answers that is worth remembering the resulted laughing 10 years from now.
Blake and I celebrated the New Year's arrival with New Yorkers, anticipating our children being up at 6:15 AM, and hit the sack. The Perkins did manage to stay awake and welcomed the New Year for all of us! (We'll see how 2011 goes next year when they have 2! :))


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I love the one of Macy rockin' out on the microphone! That is awesome! We had a super time with you guys and were so glad you all could join us. I'm thinking that should be a new tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have Michael's signature "fist pump" in the picture! Oh and Macy was adorable....ALL the pictures you took of her...she is so intense!

    ReplyDelete